Made it....

New members: Stop in and let us know a little bit about who you are.

Made it....

Postby srjeeper1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:23 am

First I'd like to Thank 'Buddman' for helpin get things straightened out, so as to allow me on V & I/A Guntruckers!!!

I'm on other Gun Trucks sites also, so some of you may recognize the Srjeeper screen name. Been involved with the Gun Trucks and some of their Veterans since 2009, then was invited to attend 'The Gathering' in Carlisle, Pa. back in 2010 with my 541st. Line Haul Tribute Truck.

Since that time I've been fortunate to be welcomed into the fold, so to speak, by many Gun Truck veterans.
I myself was in service during the Vietnam conflict (USCG 68-72) but was NEVER in country. To some that's a sticking point as to weather I belong on this and other Gun Truck sites, but for the most part it's been an eye opening, humbeling and uplifting experience for me.

I restored a 1970 Kaiser/Jeep M35A2 Deuce with a matching 1968 Johnson M105A2C trailer, both carry all with the markings of a 541st Truck during the 68/69 Vietnam timeframe. I belong to several Veteran Groups and Military Vehicle Clubs in the NorthEast and help out at the ARMY Heritage Education Center in Carlise, Pa. when asked. I've also just been appointed Treasurer of the RedBall Military Transport Club, which is Celebrating it's 20th. year.

I put together a Living History display I take to the shows and along with my vehicles try, as best I can, to relay the story of what a Line Haul Driver may have experienced with the 541st. Medium Truck Company in Vietnam.
My display includes all the actual gear men had and used back in the nam and lets many see these things up close instead of in pictures.

I for one am real glad to be here, Buddman asked I post up some pictures along with other things going on this summer. I'll be glad to do so here shortly, but in the meantime wanted to say 'Hello' to everyone and introduce myself.

Srjeeper1
srjeeper1
Site Admin

Branch & Unit: United States Coast Guard
Years Served: 6/68-6/72
Guntruck Names: Served on Poprtsmouth Harbor Lifeboat Station, Portland Lightship, Isle of Shoals Lighthouse.
Brief Bio: Been there, done that and probably have a t-shirt somewhere to prove it.

Gratuated from 'University of Hard Knocks' @ The bottom of my low class!!

Re: Made it....

Postby HOGMAN » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:35 am

Welcome to the site-----SSG Oliver NCOIC Cold Sweat & Jr 541st Trans 1968
HOGMAN
Site Admin

Branch & Unit: ist calv and various other units
Guntruck Names: cold sweat jr
Brief Bio: wounded on gt

Re: Made it....

Postby FrenchieKingCobra » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Glad your on the Buds Site and you've got a big welcome from me as well, never feel bashful and we are all Proud You Are Here as a Member, so you've got a Big Thumbs Up from me, so if you ever need anything at all just ask and one of us will do the best we can to help you out, have a great one, later Frenchie.
FrenchieKingCobra
Site Admin

Location: Vassalboro, Maine on Webber Pond in the Great White North
Branch & Unit: 597th Trans, 3rd Platoon, Phutai,Vietnam
State Side Served at Fort Knox, Kentucky, Fort Jackson, South Carolina, Fort George G. Meade, Maryland, Fort Lee, Virginia and Fort Devens, Massachusetts
Years Served: 71-72 Phutai
Guntruck Names: King Cobra Guntruck
Brief Bio: Wounded & Served on the King Cobra as 50 Cal Gunner in Phutai 71-72, 597th Trans, 8th Group, ambushed headed to Tuo Hoa and couple of times headed North to Pleiku
Still living up in Maine and Still moving a little bit of everything else, and enjoy now the Grandkids, later Bruce aka Frenchie

Return to Introduce Yourself